Moths are a common household pest and live in cool, damp and dark places where they also breed too. They are not too hard to control or see if they have invaded your home as you will find holes in your clothing and see the moths flying around and you can check your food in your pantry for webbing or trails in the dry food. They tend to like the warmer months better in the pantry but
other moths are all year round in the home.
How do Moths harm our home?
Moths are great at chewing through clothing and fabrics in our wardrobes and bedroom and also consuming our foods in the pantry. If you find new little holes
in your clothes or if you see maggots in the food in your pantry or webbing on
the surface of your food or in your food packaging, you know Moths are there
Where do you see Moths in the home.
Dependant on the species Moths can be found in all your cupboards whether the
kitchen or your bedroom or where clothing and fabric and also food is stored.
- Regularly vacuum the home.
- Expra Insect Control Dispenser with Aerosol Insecticide that sprays automatically in the home, you can set to settings that you prefer and move the dispenser to the outside on a warm, calm day or inside your home in the areas where you are not sleeping. You can choose to set the dispenser to day or night time or both. This is a great control and protection.
- Expra Advanced Outdoor Surface sprays for outdoors work well to spray all around doors and window frames, rubbish bins, garden sheds, under eaves and the undersides of outdoor furniture and decks. Safe for use around plants and lawns. This can repel for up to 3 months
- Expra Surface Spray, spray in a sweeping motion inside, leaving a light film on the surfaces. Under furniture, sinks, behind cupboards and appliances, inside drawers and cupboard, around skirting boards, light fittings, bookshelves and water pipes
- Expra Fly Spray – direct spray onto insects or spray around a room to leave a cloud that the insects fly through. Spray around the room and then close doors and windows.
- Expra Bug Bombs – to fumigate the house and get rid of unwanted flying and crawling insects. This will kill the insects present and exposed at the time of activation.
- If you clean out the pantry you can spray the corners with a suitable insecticide as long as it does not touch the food.
- Tightly seal all food stuffs in plastic, metal or glass containers as they can chew through packets and check your dry food in the pantry regularly.
- Clean any spills in the pantry and keep pantry clean.
- Spray Moths flying around the house.
- Always wash and dry-clean clothes, especially your woollens before storing away in vacuum-packed plastic bags.
- Hot wash any infected items or alternative is to freeze the item in a bag for more than 48 hours and then cool wash.