Flies are a pest and spread bacteria and germs that cause diseases to humans. They feed off food and animal waste where they pick up bacteria and spread to wherever they land both inside and outside your home or business whether this is in the city or countryside. Keeping food covered and bins with lids, keeping garbage under control and ensuring pet waste is cleared regularly will all assist in breeding sites for the flies to a minimum. There are many species of flies, they vary in size, shape and colour.
How to control flies in the home
- Seal and store all food away – do not leave out on benches
- Do not leave dirty dishes lying around the home or kitchen.
- Clean up any animal waste around the garden and avoid using manure on the garden beds.
- Clean and tidy all rubbish away, and have lids for rubbish bins.
- Expra Insect Control Dispenser with Aerosol Insecticide that sprays automatically in the home, you can set to settings that you prefer and move the dispenser to locations that you prefer. You can choose to set the dispenser to the time or day or night that you prefer. This is a great control and protection against Flies.
- Expra Advanced Surface Spray for outdoors work well to spray all around doors and window frames, rubbish bins, garden sheds, under eaves and the undersides of outdoor furniture and decks. Safe for use around plants and lawns. This can repel for up to 3 months.
- Expra Surface Spray indoors leaves a light film on surfaces and the flies land on the residue and dies
- Expra Fly Spray – direct spray onto flies, or spray around a room to leave a cloud that flies fly through. Spray around the room and then close doors and windows.
- Expra paper – this is a sticky fly paper which can be hung on the deck or in the home.