Fleas feed on blood from humans or your pets. They can leave bite marks which can be itchy and painful and can get out of control. Regular vacuuming is important and regularly treating your pets with flea treatments to prevent bites and infestations is important. Fleas can be found all year round, they like dry warm areas.
Have you got Fleas?
It is common to return after a time away from home and when you have movement around the house the fleas will start jumping and biting. If your cat you dog is continually scratching and itching itself, treat the pet with the recommended Pet Flea Treatment and treat the home at the same time.
- Use an Expra Flea Bomb with IGR, you will need more than one to do the whole house. This is specially formulated to kill fleas and break the flea lifecycle by preventing young fleas maturing into breeding biting adults.
- Thoroughly vacuum all carpets and mats paying attention to where the fleas have been found. You may need to repeat every few days if high infestation. Keep vacuuming regularly.
- Expra Indoor and Outdoor Spray can be used around the skirting boards and under furniture and appliances. It can be sprayed over carpets or rugs but as it is residual young children should not be crawling around on it.
- Ensure all pets are treated with a flea control product provided by your pet shop or vet, and ensure your pets bedding is thoroughly cleaned, a hot wash is good.
- Do not vacuum for a several days after treatment. Movement in the affected area after ventilating will help the pupae to hatch and exposing them to the treatment residue.