There are 7 species of Borer in NZ. They like seasoned and moist untreated timber. Borer will weaken timber and can this can cause structural damage to a building. You must treat the borer to stop the life cycle or major damage can occur. They like areas prone to dampness and are often found on the south side of a building. The adult borer become airborne and can be seen for about a month between October and March. You must treat as soon as you see the borer
- Fumigate the house with Expra Cockroach and Borer Fumigator Pack This will kill the insects present and exposed at the time of activation.
- Expra Bug Bombs get rid of unwanted flying and crawling insects.
- Use the Expra Surface Spray, spray in a sweeping motion inside leaving a light film on the surfaces. Under furniture, sinks, behind cupboards and appliances, inside drawers and cupboards and wherever spider webs are found, around skirting boards, light fittings, bookshelves and water pipes
- Outside spray the Expra Advanced Surface Spray. Use around doors and window frames, rubbish bins, garden sheds, under eaves and the undersides of outdoor furniture and decks. Safe for use around plants and lawns. This is good for longer term control.
- Have an Expra Dispenser on regularly in the home, use in a well- ventilated area to enable air flow to dispense the spray. This is recommended for continued protection against insects.